1.20.2010

Trying to Write

I have been working on a few blog posts since the last one but have found it difficult.  I mean, I like blogging and letting you all know what's going on with me.  But I like it to be light and funny.  You know, an escape from drudgery.  However, I haven't been feeling very light and funny.  Last week my friend Emily (the one I wrote about before) succumbed to the tumors.  It makes me sad and makes me question the fairness of it all.  But I won't write any more on that.

Last night, I found out that my cousin died over the weekend from complications due to Lupus.  To make matters worse, it also seems that my aunt has had several mini strokes and may be having hallucinations.  Moreover, I'm the closest family member (geographically) and may end up having to check in on her periodically.  I find it ironic I'm in Elder Law this semester.

I normally (really, hardly ever) talk about such personal things but I'm just a little tapped out.  Last semester, I had some hard family stuff to deal with and now this.  I'll try to post something more fun soon, but I just don't feel like it right now.

This is not very uplifting or happy or probably even interesting for you to read and I apologize for that.  I just wanted to express to someone what's going on -- you know, release it to the void.  Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

  1. I'd say it's perfectly fine to not have anything funny and light to talk about. These are real things that you / we're going through, so I definitely understand. I'll be thinking about you! - Jen Crews Davis

    ReplyDelete
  2. as i've said before, i'm here if you need anything.

    if i've learned anything from scrapbooking it's that life isn't always perfect or happy. and not including those sad things isn't accurately portraying life. So blog about what's in your head. I"ll be reading it no matter what. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're going to make it honey! Life is full of good and bad surprises. It can be painful and deliriously fun, sometimes at the same time which is really strange (my grandpa's funeral comes to mind). It's all about how you handle life, and being open is good way to communicate and cope. It lets us know what you're going through and that's important! I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Call me if you want to talk!! Any time day or night!

    ReplyDelete