5.24.2010

Heading Up: T-minus 4 Days until the Wedding

It was a crazy whirlwind between landing on August 1 from NYC and then leaving to go up for the wedding on August 11!  Not only were we doing last minute wedding stuff, we also had a bit of a family emergency.  But the best thing about us is that we are really good at handling family emergencies at this point.  

As far as wedding stuff goes, the downside to getting the bmaid gifts early was that they tarnished over the summer.  So I had to hand polish each on of them.  So, now that the wedding is done and the cat's out of bad, I'll tell you what I gave them!  While living in Nashville, I randomly went to this artisan festival and met Beth from Freshie & Zero. I love her unique jewelry so I thought that she would be perfect to do jewelry for my bridesmaids.  I told her our wedding colors and she custom made the earrings to match the colors.  She just had a baby and I'm so happy for her.  It really was a pleasure to work with her.  Also, bmaid Jess does not have pierced ears so she made a special pair of screw back earrings for her.  She also made a bigger pair for my MoH.  Here are the photos I couldn't share before and of my labor of love:

 MoH Kim's earrings are on the left and the other bmaids' on the right.  Beth made them with topaz and sapphires. :) They match the colors perfectly!
 Polishing each individually.

Wrapped gifts!
I found these cute little notebooks made from old personal ads.  I thought that it would be a nice touch with the earrings.

Another fun thing about it being so close to the wedding is that I would return home from running a million errands—buying photo frames for these letters we wrote to put on the tables, ribbon and baskets for the programs, one last highlight touch up, etc.—to this:
 So, I tried really hard to get that to show up portrait but no go.  And... I don't know html so you'll just have to use your imagination on this one.  Anyway, this is definitely something fun to come home to.  The not so fun part -- waiting until E gets home so he can share in the joy of opening!

Anyway, on August 11, we finally left home to head up to the wedding.  It was hard because we were leaving for almost 2 weeks and had to pack for the wedding festivities and the honeymoon! AND fit everything in our car.  Fortunately, the best man was able to bring up our big honeymoon suitcase.  With the wedding dress and other wedding stuff, we just didn't have room!

But first, we had to stop by Fannie May to get our favors!
Fannie May was amazing.  They gave us a great discount and stuffed and labeled the favors.
Side note: I wore a tube top because I really didn't want to get tanlines from the car.  Yes, I am that neurotic!

Erik really got into the whole document-everything-for-the-blog thing.  In fact, he kept pushing me to update the blog in the days before the wedding.  I was, like, "You know you're an admin too, right?"  Then he didn't think an update was super critical.

 In case you forgot what they looked like.  The stickers are from Zazzle 
and the candy box is from a wholesaler.

 After our 3 hour drive, we dropped off the wedding stuff — putting the favors in Erik's mom's basement to stay cool and the wedding dress in the closet.  Then we drove in really bad traffic to get our marriage license.  But more on that in the next catch up post!

No comments:

Post a Comment