11.16.2010

And Again, I Took a HUGE Break from Blogging

BUT I'm back.  For right now.  I'm back mostly because I've been feeling guilty about reading everyone else's blogs and not contributing to the blogosphere (the 10 of you that read my blog).  I've also been not-so-subtly pressured by my college friend kT on more than one occasion and I've inadvertently lied to her more than once about "yeah, I'll blog tonight.... definitely..."  And then I watch TV shows on hulu because I'm sans actual TV.

In kT's latest post, she talked about coming up with a list of things to do before 28.  Before 28, seems a little too narrow for my tastes.  Plus, turning 30 has it's own cache.  AND Erik and I have set a goal of living together again before my 30th birthday, which is in 1,020 days, but who's counting!

Anyway, I thought that before I came up with a list of things to do, I should check in with my goals from January.  Like life is wont to do, it has changed LOTS since then.  I ended up not having a year off, which was the biggest game changer.

1. Teach a yoga class: Yeah... nope.

2. Learn a new language: I'm learning the language of M&A transactions... Does that count? I now know crazy terms like "poison pill", "staggered board", and how to take things off of a shelf...

3. Actually read 10 non-law books. Still working on this one.  I think that the number is 3....  I still have time for this one!! After tonight, I'll probably be up to 4.  That's not to say that I haven't listened to books -- that number is more like 6.  So if I was counting those I could check off this one but I'm going to be a stickler to my own rule.

4. Finish all my lingering scrapbook projects (6): This is still at 0.  But I have time!

5. Learn how to play a song on the guitar: Umm... maybe?  I don't know if I want to spend the precious 36 hours we get during weekend visits to try to learn the guitar...

6. Reconnect with at least one good friend a month: I'm pretty sure I've actually done this one so far!

7. Tell my loved ones how much I love and appreciate them whenever I have the chance: I do this a fair amount, but I really should make a more concerted effort.

8. Master my favorite Grandma dishes: Yeah... didn't happen.  Maybe when my MiL comes at Christmas, I can learn some tips from her then.

9. Get in the best shape of my life: If this said, "Gain 10lbs studying for the bar exam and then lose half of it", then I would have totally completed this one.  I was doing so great until shit hit the fan after Spring Break.  It was just downhill from there.  Anyway, I've joined Equinox (crème de la crème of sports clubs in NYC - thank goodness for corporate discounts!) and have started getting back into it.  Equinox seriously deserves its own post.  The place is like a gym-heaven.

10. Try snowboarding:  This is still a possibility.  Not sure if I'll have time to do it before New Year's (and the weather is not really cooperating—55º in November, what?) but maybe early next year.


Anyway, I'm back until I have to pull a 110-hour week like my officemate did 2 weeks ago (eek!).  My goal: Post at least every 2 days.  I have TONS to catch everyone up on from moving to Cambridge then Cambridge to NYC, Spain, living long distance, Equinox, my first week in NYC, etc. etc. etc.

1 comment:

  1. welcome back!!

    I'm definitely doing a pre-30 list (might even make a physical representation of that one as well) but the 27 before 28 gives me some specific stuff to accomplish this year. :D

    <3

    ReplyDelete