11.16.2011

Moving to Cali: Fort Collins --> Park City

So.... 2 months later I'm finally blogging about the rest of our road trip.  I count the first 2 days as done with this post (a little scant but why be redundant?).  I'll do it the cheating way and just post photos with descriptions.  Hey, I was at work until 9pm—cut me some slack! :)

Note: We really wish we could have taken some side trips while driving through Wyoming and Utah.  Unfortunately, the cats made our road trip less fun (and not just because of the constant crying).  It wouldn't be right to leave them in the car or do anything that would keep them in the car longer than the 8 hours of driving we had to do to make it to California in time to take possession of our apartment.

Colorado countryside

On the road again...
We were so grateful that the weather was fabulous and the sights were beautiful.

Wyoming - these ranch signs were everywhere.  Love!

They have drive-thru liquor stores here too!

We got bored and brought Pericles out to play.
The rock formations in Wyoming.

Cool countryside.  We seriously could see sci-fi films being shot here.

Wyoming.  Beef country.  Enough said.
Utah rock formations.
Park City!

Ski runs with fall colors.

Olympic Village.  All I could think about was Cool Runnings even though that was in Canada...

We decided to go here for dinner while in town.  We started with the roasted artichoke (Erik even tried it!) and I had the Elk Sirloin.  I really like elk because it's a very mild beefy taste but without the gaminess of venison.  We were really happy that we went here to eat even though it was on the outskirts of town.
 It's fun to look at these photos again.  I truly feel like Erik and I are very fortunate to have been able to take the time to drive across the country to our new home.  We've seen a lot of things that lots of folks will never see and have not taken it for granted!  These photos are only a small sampling of the photos we took (went a little photo crazy from the car), but I thought I would spare you the complete set of 134 photos from this leg of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment