Anyway, yesterday Bmaid Jess & I went to my 11th fitting. And this time, the SKIRT was started!! It's muslin right now—to give Tina lines to work with. Hopefully, at the fitting next week, it will be made out of taffeta! Tina seemed to intimate that the hardest part (and most tedious part) is over with the bodice really coming together. For me, it still looks like a long way to go but she knows best!
So, updates since last fitting: Bodice starting to look more finished. Skirt started in muslin. Determined length of train and discussed fullness at the bottom of the skirt.
Funny story from the fitting: Tina asked me how long I envisioned my train... I was, like, "whatever you think works best with the dress." She was somewhat surprised. Apparently, brides have actual opinions about trains... Not this one! I have no idea what I would want. In fact, while looking for wedding dresses the thought didn't even cross my mind to look at the length of the train. All I thought was: Outdoor wedding = chapel length train!
I also figured something important out about my wedding shoes. After having to put the shoes on and off at these fittings, I'm beginning to realize that they may need some "tweaking." I'm going to take them to a cobbler in town and have the stationery strap replaced with a snap button. They are just too difficult to get on and off!
Here are the Groom-approved photos (it's so cute he wants to be surprised) from the fitting:

We started working with the ruching at the top of the skirt. This is out of muslin and won't be this white when it's completed. This is probably as long of a train as we'll do.
Bodice with the skirt. I can't wait to see it finished! You can really see the difference between bright white and the natural silk.
We did take photos from the front but I can't put those online for the surprise issue. When the wedding is over and done with, I'll post a series of front shots so you can see the progression! Only 143 more days!

No comments:
Post a Comment