3.16.2009

5 Months!

Okay, so it's one day less than 5 months. I didn't get a chance to blog yesterday because E & I were on the road for 6 hours! We drove up and back to his family's to celebrate Auntie Rose's 90th birthday. It was like a family reunion—I think there were 80ish people there. He has such an enormous family that it's overwhelming at times. Fortunately, there were name tags provided so I didn't offend anyone by forgetting their name. :P

I just have to say that going to the party yesterday (despite the fact it took ALL DAY) really made me more excited about getting married to Erik. His family is pretty much awesome. Also, being at the party made me realize how attached I've become to his family. We watched a video in Rose's honor and it just made me think about how much I don't want Erik's grandmother or mother to get older. I would miss them both so much! It just never dawned on me before that I think of all of his family as my family and care about them in just the same way as I do my blood relations. I guess that's what getting married is all about, but it was pretty cool to come to that realization yesterday. I mean, we've been together almost 7.5 years so it was bound to happen at some point!

I think that Erik's mother is pretty excited about how well I get along with the family. She was so sweet telling everyone how happy she is to be getting a daughter and how lucky she is. It was very touching if not a little uncomfortable for me since I'm not used to that much affection. As a side note, I think having her come to visit was a perfect thing to do—I have to say I enjoyed her bragging about my hostess skills. Damn right! (I thank B and Emily Post for this success). I really think that I'm the lucky one in terms of MiLs. Yes, we have our disagreements but on the whole we love each other very much.

As a final comment, I can't believe we only have 5 months to go! So much more to get done . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment