3.13.2009

Fitting #10

I know the Groom has requested that spoiler photos not be posted, but that does not mean that I can't post about the fitting and put pictures up that don't give anything away!

The dress still only consists of a top part. It is killing me that the skirt hasn't been started yet! Tina says soon enough. She keeps promising it and then things take her longer. I'm not complaining—I'm just getting antsy. I have a fitting over break to finish up with the bodice (fingers crossed) that the bmaids are not coming to because it'll just be the same as this fitting. The goal is to get it done by the week after finals so it should start coming together pretty quickly!

Another good note: Tina is letting me do a fitting the Monday after I finish my summer associate position in NYC, which will be 12 days before the wedding! Hopefully nothing major will need to be done! It makes me feel better though because I was worried about when that would happen. Fortunately or unfortunately, my firm cut the summer program to 10 weeks so now I'll have 2 weeks before the wedding to be at home. I'm actually a little relieved.

Now, back to the dress! The ruching is being finalized and finessed on the bodice. I finally have armholes now - no more tent dress! The bodice is fitting a little big in areas that aren't very flattering at the moment, but Tina would rather have too much fabric at this stage. She's going to sew it together for the fitting during SB.

Here are the pictures (that don't reveal much!):



The bodice is starting to actually look like a wedding dress! This may be the last picture I post of this. This is the best picture of it—once it was off the form it collapsed and didn't look quite as perfect.



It looks messy but this is the back of the dress. The weird ruffles down the center will be gone on the final version.



We did the fitting with my shoes on this time to see if I liked the fullness of the skirt/ petticoat thing, which I did not. Tina said we can discuss that more later. What's going on in this picture? you may be wondering. Since nothing is sewn yet and since there isn't a zipper, Tina has to pin the bodice on me on the sides.



Stephanie, Me, Jess, & Heather

One more note: Heather brought her bmaid dress to the fitting so that we could see it on her. And, get this, it looked great WITHOUT alterations! Tina pinned the back like she has for the other dresses and it looked better but it certainly wasn't necessary if Heather doesn't want it. I told her it was up to her and she decided to wait until May when the other girls are getting theirs done.

No comments:

Post a Comment