6.20.2011

Scavenger Hunt: Trump Tower

You're fired!




Okay, when talking about Trump Tower, I just couldn't help myself.  Yes, I admit it.  I watch the Apprentice and the Celebrity Apprentice.  I love reality tv sometimes.  It's just fascinating to see how people interact.  Sure, it's a little (okay, more than a little at times) fake, but I'm a fan.


Anyway, I've walked past this building on 5th Avenue many times -- usually on my way to/ from shopping.  Although many buildings in NY have the "Trump" name on them, this is the only Trump Tower.  It opened in 1983 and is 59 stories tall.  (Ch. 175).  In the 1980's "public space" (used to increase the number of stories), no longer needed to be outdoor space (like with the Seagram Building).  Therefore, Trump Tower has an interior atrium space with a waterfall along the back wall.




The marble is apparently Breccia Pernice marble, selected by Ivana Trump herself.  As far as offerings inside the building, I was underwhelmed.  I did go out on one of the terraces to see what it was like up there.  This is what they look like from below:



The photos I took from the terrace were not that exciting so I'll spare you the boredom of seeing the photo.  One parting photo:



No comments:

Post a Comment