As part of our Brooklyn adventures, we checked #2 off of the list.
2. Tour Brooklyn Breweryʼs expanded factory and try its new suds. Thereʼs more than ever to love at this Williamsburg beer destination, which just expanded into the warehouse next door. That means 12,000 more barrels of hoppy goodness per year, and a chance to learn about the brewing process amid brand-new German equipment. After your tour, toast the educational process with the newest brew, Brooklyn Main Engine Start, a dry, golden ale perfect for a springy outlook ($4, six for $20). 79 North 11th St between Berry St and Wythe Ave; Williamsburg, Brooklyn (718-486-7422, brooklynbrewery.com). Sat, Sun 1–5pm; free.
This was the only photo we took! We waited in line for about 20 minutes and then waited in the beer line for another 25 minutes. At that point, we were only focused on the beer and the tour. My favorite beer is the Brooklyn Lager but I tried others. Erik might have some photos on his phone, so I’ll see if I can get him to send them too me—he’s pretty terrible about sharing his photos. I’m still waiting for his photos from our trip to Spain... which was in September!
Next, we hit up The Whiskey Brooklyn, which
After that, we went to a German biergarten, Radegast, to meet my friend from undergrad. I hadn’t seen her in almost 10 years! This is why I love Facebook and continue to be a member. She had posted that she was going to be in NYC, so I messaged her and said that I would love to see her if she had time. She messaged me right back and our reunion was set. Now, here’s the tragedy—We didn’t take any pictures!! I’m really upset about that actually. It just means that we’ll have to see each other again soon. She lives in Atlanta still so it’s definitely possible. Let’s try to make it less than 10 years from now though!
UPDATED with NEW PHOTOS (6/10/11):
So E finally came through on the photos. Here's some more pics from our adventure:
| We bought tokens for beer (notice the awesome Converse shoes in the background | )! |
| Camera phone photo and all, we look pretty cute! |
| This was the TOUR. Yes, that's right. It was a POSTER. |
| Aw, a kitty! Don't mind the slightly tipsy person bugging you... |
| Old fashion bottles! |
No comments:
Post a Comment