8.29.2011

Bossypants (#2)

I'm on a roll, aren't I?  I have completed my THIRD book in a few months.  Oh, thanks for that big pat on the back.  I know, I know.  I totally deserved it. :)

So, here it is, Bossypants by Tina Fey.  Again, this was a book I listened to rather than actually read.  I debated what to do.  I mean, it would be an awesome book to have on my bookshelf of trophies (i.e., books) but then again, Tina Fey read it herself!!  What a great opportunity!

It was an absolute joy to listen to.  Tina Fey is hilariously funny while at the same time very real.  I finished this book within a week of starting it and repeatedly embarrassed myself in public by laughing out loud (best locations: work elevator in the morning and the packed subway)!  It was addictive.  So far, 2/2 with amazing audiobooks that I was sad to finish.  After these two books, I've resolved to keep my trial audible.com membership (free bonus point from hulu+) that is $15/ month and you get one free audiobook a month and 30% off all other audiobooks.  Seems like a major bargain since audiobooks are generally $20+ (Bossypants was not an exception to that).  I'm counting this book as nonfiction to go with my nonfiction/fiction pattern.

One highlight:  "If Oprah tells you that you may be overextending yourself, then you need to re-examine your fucking life."  That's just great life advice (not to mention all the beauty tips and random stories about men peeing in jars).  An unexpected bonus was the playing of the September 2008 skit where she did Palin for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment