Much like everyone else on the eastern seaboard, I stocked up on a ton of food. Of course, bread and peanut butter were on the list but that doesn't really count as a "recipe" does it? Anyway, I was not alone. I also know that my "hurricane binge" "dinner" of buffalo jerky and wild rice ricecakes would also not count for this week's theme.
However, Sunday night, I decided that a real dinner was in order. And I was feeling lazy. So that meant quick and easy. How perfect. So here it is:
Meaghan's Post-Hurricane Couscous.
Ingredients:
- couscous- roasted almonds
- dried cherries (or any other dried fruit)
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper
Directions: First, there are no measurements for this recipe. It really matters on how much you want to make. I made 2 servings since I currently am cooking for 1. So sorry in advance if this is vague!
Cook the couscous according to the package directions. In the meantime, heat olive oil in a small pan. While that's heating up, chop up equal portions roasted almonds and dried cherries. Add the chopped mix to the olive oil to toast/ heat up.
Next make a vinaigrette with the olive oil and red wine vinegar. Add the heated up chopped mix to the vinaigrette. Now add that to the couscous et voilà! I know it's not the most balanced meal, but it did the trick for me and held over well for the next night. :) You could add a salad if you were feeling a need for veggies.
No comments:
Post a Comment