First, I know that the above title does not conform to BB Rule 8(a), which, unfortunately, I knew off the top of my head. Just to make sure I looked it up and, yes, I was right. That officially makes me a HUGE law nerd. I like the way it looks with every word capitalized thankyouverymuch!
Anyway, I'm writing because I utterly failed at not doing wedding stuff today. After my post this morning, I swore off wedding planning. I mean, I am in law school and it isn't easy. I have homework to do, articles to read, etc. Despite my best efforts, wedding planning again was on the agenda today.
Oddly enough, it was the groom's fault! I was on his case yesterday (part of a wedding planning meltdown moment, which is why I decided to take a break today) about not helping out more with the wedding and about how I do all the leg work and then he gets "veto power" on stuff. Well, he certainly took the initiative today! He spent the evening designing our map and accommodation inserts for the invitations and they look perfect! He was joking about us having the invitations done in 20 minutes if he & I just sat down and did them. Right... Anyway, it turned out lovely and matches our fonts & colors from the invitation. It will be a nice complement to what's already going out. Great job, Groom!
Also, other things that kept me in wedding planning mode: Follow up needed on a few vendors (for example: I panicked about a deposit w/ photographer being due), bmaid followed up with hairstyle, our embosser was shipped, and the jewelery designer got back to me about the bmaid gifts!
Reminds me of a Star Trek quote (I know the dorkiness is self evident): Resistance is futile.
love how this works out this way. i tried to take today off since it's easter and got roped into talking about stuff with an acquaintance from home who's getting married in may and then the priest and more. OH my. haha
ReplyDelete