Upon further reflection from my post here, I have decided that, no, I do not like the wedding band that comes with my engagement ring. It's curved and and just too sparkly. I know, gasp in horror now. But seriously. I thought about the practicality of wearing such a ring every day and it does not fit my lifestyle at the moment. I'm in law school for heaven's sake. I will be keeping my eye out this summer at my firm to see what the ladies are wearing there, but I do not remember seeing any bling during my interviews.
So, here's the ring that matches my engagement ring (excuse the close-up of my cooking-scarred hand—I'm an absolute klutz in the kitchen):
See what I mean?
So, after determining that I don't like it, the next problem was what to do about it. We already special ordered it and paid for it. I also had to bring this up to my future husband, who said on the phone (prior to viewing) that it was probably all in my head and remember about the engagement ring, etc. I waited until he got home (did I mention we were leaving to go to Chicago for our shower that afternoon?) and showed him the ring. While waiting for him, I wore the rings around the apartment hoping to warm up to it and I almost did. That is until I saw the look on E's face—he hated it too!
We came up with a game plan: Buy another ring (feasible because of the crazy deal we got since our jeweler's going out of business) to wear on my left hand and I would continue to wear the engagement ring but just on my right hand. We would keep the bling bling for special occasions. The problem with this plan is that we were worried about what his mom would think about the added cost. Turns out that that was unfounded. She loves our idea! So...
We went shopping again. And picked out this beautiful number:
Isn't it perfect?!?!?! I LOVE IT and cannot wait to wear it. I have to wait how long?! Anyway, I was relieved that my e-ring actually fit on my right hand. The downside is we no longer saved money in our ring budget but we still didn't go too much over! Even with the additional ring. So, thank you T. Kelly's for giving us such great deals and customer service.
Tim himself took a picture with me because he just loves how I'm documenting the whole process.
He's so sweet and always remembers me when I come in (every 2-3 weeks...) to get my ring cleaned. We chat about his health and his daughter and the weather. I'll really miss him when he closes shop. He's talking about opening a smaller gig a few days a week in an office somewhere to do cleanings and stuff for his regular customers. Let's hope that's true!



No comments:
Post a Comment