4.10.2009

Wedding Planning Is Taking Over My Life

So, I've hit the point of the wedding planning where I am annoying and boring everyone around me. It's gotten to the point where Erik is, like, "Can we not talk about wedding stuff tonight?" I also have to ask for clearance from bmaids to make sure they aren't too saturated. And, honestly, that still doesn't stop me from telling them!

I've just gotten so much stuff done and want to brag and be excited about it. The blogging helps, I guess, but it's not the same as having a giggly-excited moment with a girlfriend. Sigh.

Apparently, I'm not alone in my experience. Wedding planning has taken over other friends of mine's lives. Here's a glimpse of a gchat chat with a fellow bride (her wedding is in September):
kth.star: of course!!
gah. i've gotta run and meet with the baker for the cake.
me: man, this wedding stuff is ridiculous, isn't it?
it's taking over my life
kth.star: seriously it's taking over my life.
me: exactly!
kth.star: LOL
Nice to know I'm not alone. Please bear with me, Folks. After this weekend, I should be able to take a break from planning until after finals. Well, take a break from everything but addressing envelopes and dress fittings. But those things are too too bad.

1 comment:

  1. haha. this made my day. enjoy your forced break.

    ReplyDelete