4.20.2009

Wedding Bands - Part II

Several weeks ago Erik and I picked out our wedding bands. His came in quite quickly (within a week!). His is awesome! It looks so shiny and nice. I'm sure it won't stay that way for very long after he starts wearing it. He jokes about wanting to wear it right away. No, honey, not yet!

Mine came in today, and I have to be sans engagement ring for several days. It's silly but I really feel its absence. I feel like I need another ring on my left hand to just account for the emptiness. And I have 4 more days to go! The reason they need to hold onto it is because the new ring has to match the shape/size of my current ring. Because it's curved, they need to match up perfectly. I may post pictures once it comes in but I'll have to run that by the groom. He's much more secretive than me!

One thing about my new wedding band—it's VERY sparkly and flashy. In fact, my first thought was "I hate it!" I know, I know. I feel bad admitting that. I even said it outloud, which led my jeweler to say defensively, "It looks just like the picture!" Yes, it does look like the picture but it also looks much BIGGER and flashier. It's beautiful don't get me wrong, but I'm just not sure I can rock a ring like that. Bmaid Jess swears I have some diva in me so she has no worries. And my jeweler reminded me (he's such a great guy) that I was a little worried about the flashiness factor of my current ring initially. We all know how that turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment