4.13.2009

Hair Place Booked!!

Over the weekend while visiting the family for Easter and the birthday/ retirement of Erik's dad, I visited the local Aveda salon to interview my wedding-day hairdresser. We went over hairstyles and she was quite impressed with my wedding binder. (Of course, she was). While we did the consultation, another woman came over and gave me a hand massage. Everyone called me the "bride." Let's just say, I'm starting to warm up to this whole "bride" idea! There is only one problem: My hair is not going to be long enough for the style I want... I booked my practice run for the Wednesday before the wedding so we'll see how much my hair grows before then. Until that time I'll be taking my vitamins religiously!

I also booked the hair appointments for my bmaids and future MiL for a total of one bridal updo, 4 regular updos and 3 styles! Needless to say the salon is pretty happy about it. Note to brides out there: All prices are negotiable. They quoted me a pretty high initial quote but I was able to talk them down (at least on the bmaid hairstyles—I took one for the team). The best thing about it being an Aveda salon is that I'll be able to use my Pure Privilege reward points. I knew I've been saving them up since 2005 for a reason! One more thing out of the wedding budget!

As for the day of the wedding, we all have to be there bright & early at 8:30am. And I have to have clean hair, which means I have to be up at like 7:30 to shower and blow my hair out! The wedding isn't until 5:30pm! What the crap!

A cool thing about this place is that they have a private room for us (I saw it—it's really nice) and will provide fresh fruit, juice, and champagne! There's a Dunkin Donuts across the street so we'll also pick up some coffee, donuts & bagels. We are going to be treated like princesses! :D

2 comments:

  1. Nice!! i actually booked mine officially this weekend but had the hairdresser locked in like months ago. It's a local place and they too have a extra room in the back just for getting ready and such. :)

    We've been talking about my hair since like october and i've been growing it out since then (it's scary long). now i'm in the growing out the bangs process. and we're doing a trial run sometime this summer.

    not that you really care...i just feel like i'm talking to SOMEONE rather than when i post in my blog and i'm talking to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds fabulous! Our wedding wasn't until 6 and I think we had to be at the salon that morning by 8. Though they never told me I had to have clean hair, so they had to wash and dry my hair before styling! You're much more on top of things than I was :)

    ReplyDelete